Why do I keep using the word ‘never‘?
I wrote a blog post a few days ago about Always and Never and decided that those words would be less frequently used in my daily vocabulary. However, here we are less than a week later and I am having to throw out my latest ‘never‘!
Since launching 365 Radical Acts six months ago, it has been made clear to me that the word ‘never‘ just doesn’t seem to have the same meaning for me as it does for others.
Here are some of my ‘never‘ statements from the past six blogging months;
- I will never do a cleanse…I have done two since November and loved them both
- I will never give up meat…I stopped eating meat on the 20th of February and have never felt better in my life
- I will never be someone who can survive on juice for a whole day…I am absolutely loving my juice days- they are a cinch and I feel fabulous!
- I will never, ever, ever be a vegan…well, guess what? At this point in my life I am, indeed, a very happy vegan! Go figure!
- I will never be able to blog every day...well, today marks blog #193 consecutive blog posts!
- I will never give up my PC to move to a Mac…well, as we speak I am christening the new MacBook Air that all my boys gave me for Mother’s Day and my birthday (which is coming up in a few weeks). And, even though I have no idea what I am doing and it all feels pretty weird, I am loving it so much that I am absolutely walking on air!
Okay…so, now I really and truly promise never to use that word again!