When I watched Super Juice Me a few weeks ago I was transfixed by the fascinating healing journey of the eight individuals in the film. Super Juice Me inspired me and, since watching it, I have incorporated fresh juice into my daily regimen. And now it is even more fun because Simon and I are juicing together.
One of the juices I noticed in Super Juice Me was a ginger shot. I had never heard of a ginger shot before and was intrigued. I knew that ginger was good for me but I wasn’t exactly sure why. And so, being the nutrition-fact-hound that I have become lately, I decided to do some research.
And here is the result of my research on the health properties of ginger;
- Liver cleanser
- Inhibits the growth of colorectal cancer cells
- Kills ovarian cancer cells
- Boosts the immune system
- Fires up the digestive system
- Improves absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body
- Clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body (including the sinuses)
- Helps reduce flatulence
- Helps with nausea and motion sickness
- Can affect hypertension
- Effectively treats migraine symptoms
There seemed to be a zillion sites which wanted to wax poetic about the health benefits of ginger. However, I decided that I was entirely convinced and so ginger shots have become another part of our morning juice regimen.
Our ‘Kapow’ recipe for the two of us is;
- Two small lemons
- Two healthy ‘thumbs’ of ginger
- Two good sized garlic cloves
And why do I call it Kapow?
Because the shot is so spicy and so pungent that you simply cannot help but exclaim in some very loud way as it kicks into the system! Our kids think we are completely nuts as we down our morning shot and do our crazy ginger dance around the kitchen.